Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Marina Boni
Yin Yoga is a quite practice which works with connective tissue. It is a passive practice and meditative in nature.
The Yoga Space offer our Yin Yoga training in two modules "Yin Yoga" and "Meridian Series &
Yin/Yang Yoga". Both are delivered by Yin Yoga Specialist, Marina Boni.
Module One: Yin Yoga
Yin Yoga is a passive and quiet practice, which gently stretches the connective tissue of hips, thighs, pelvis and lower spine. Different from Yang practices, Yin Yoga places emphasis on relaxing the muscles and holding the postures for longer periods of time to encourage the response of fibrous and tough structures such as the connective tissues. The benefits of this practice include the promotion of deep relaxation, improvement of flexibility and serve as a complement to yang forms of exercise. In addition to that, a Yin class environment prepares the body and encourages the cultivation of a still and meditative state of mind.
"It is not muscular strength that gives us the feeling of ease and lightness in the body, it is the flexibility of the joints, of the connective tissue" - Grilley (2002).
In this course you will develop a thorough understanding of basic concepts and benefits of Yin Yoga, characteristics of Yin & Yang nature, value of a passive practice, fundamental review of concepts such as elasticity, plasticity, tension and compression. Through the practice and analysis of different yin yoga sequences, which target different areas of the body, the course will provide an understanding of the different yin postures and enable you to design different sequencing structures.
- Understand theory and basic concepts behind the practice of Yin Yoga.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the differences between Yin and Yang practices of yoga.
- Understand the benefits of yin yoga postures and be able to construct a sequence for self-practice, beginners and more experienced students.
- Understand the nature of yin practice, yin class environment and incorporate elements of yin yoga into their classes.
- Understand the importance of relaxation and how this can be progressively taught to students.
- Understand the transformative and subtle values of a contemplative practice.
Attendance and participation
Provision of Class Plans
Essay on Yin Yoga (1500 words)
22 - 24 Feb 2013
Module Two: Meridian Series & Yin/ Yang Practice
It is an essential pre-requisite that you have completed module one "Introduction to Yin Yoga Training & Practice (Level 1)" prior to attending module two training.
Although many people nowadays are attracted to yoga as a way of increasing levels of fitness and flexibility, few have been exposed to other aspects of the yoga practice. Yin yoga emphasized the deeper tissues of the hips, thighs, pelvis and lower spine, whereas a yang practice emphasizes the muscles and circulatory system leaving one alert and refreshed. Once the body is prepared and energetically balanced through asana practice, the main focus is to achieve steadiness of mind through conscious breath control and meditative awareness.
In this course you will develop a deeper understanding of the concepts and benefits of Yin Yoga and be able to design a Yin/ Yang class to suit beginners and more advanced practitioners. In addition, you will develop a basic understanding of the energetic meridian and chakra system, practice pranayama and meditation techniques.
- Understand comprehensive concepts of Yin theory and practice.
- Understand basic concepts of the Meridian Theory and its application for the practice of Yin Yoga.
- Demonstrate knowledge on Meridian Theory, including its physical qualities, energetic qualities and mental qualities underpinning a deeper practice of Yin Yoga.
- Understand the value of introducing a dynamic flow (Yang) into Yin practices and develop skills to construct a sequence and teach a Yin/ Yang class.
- Understand the core concepts of the chakra system and its influence on physical body, emotions and thought.
- Appreciate the transformative qualities of pranayama and meditation.
Attendance and participation
Provision of Yin/ Yang Class Plans
Essay on Meridian Series & Yin/ Yang Yoga (1500 words)
01 - 03 Mar 2013